Link to PoMu

Visit us at www.PoetryMutual.org

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Poetry Reading Map

As I mentioned in the last post, I think it'd be helpful to have a visual sense of what parts of the area are being under-served by poetry readings.  Below is a handy little Google Map that begins to give us a sense of the current poetic geography in the Washington area.  Thanks to Beltway Poetry's resources page for many of these listings.
  • The listings are by venue to give us a sense of the spaces that are currently open to poetry.  So keep in mind that many of these are sites are hosting multiple readings.
  • I've chosen to highlight curated reading series with guest poets (there are a number of open mics around town but not many more).
  • The color code is: blue for DC, red for Maryland, and green for Virginia
  • Yellow thumbtacks represent possible new venues for readings.  I'd appreciate highlighting any other spaces you think might be ideal for a reading series.
  • I kept to the metro area, by defining it as those spaces accessible by Metro.  The Soundry is an exception but it's listed on the Beltway site so I did too.
If I've left a reading off, apologies.  Let me know. There were some listings that appeared dead and no longer operational and I chose to not include those.  If you want to see the full map, it's here.

Hope this is of help. - Dan


View DC Metro Readings in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment